There were some rather sharp learning curves along the way like mastering three new software programs, getting the foundation built, and getting the word out through multiple resources online.
Elements of Fiction Class
Ends 9/10/15 at midnight
I have been asked by students to put classes online for about three years, but there never seemed to be the time to slow down and get it all planned. This past summer, I took a brief sojourn during the horrendous heat in the triple digits, which offered me a good excuse to stay inside and challenge the little gray cells, and worked diligently to create the website, my newsletter Tea & Empathy for writers, and my new blog, Garden Party. I'm not leaving my writing buddy, cj, and Lyrical Pens, just adding another resource that features the variety of work that I do.
I have to admit there have been tears of frustration and tears of joy and lots of R rated language to get the pieces in place and challenge my design skills.It was rewarding to see the number of hits my new website http:editwriteteach.comgot in less than hour and they keep climbing - good news for a freelancer, author, and instructor. I truly an pleased to give more people access to affordable writing classes. It enables them to study the art of writing and tap into their imaginations, always a fun thing, whether yours is filled with butterflies and fairies or ghosts and ghouls.
Here is what the new site offers.
- Barefoot Writing Class Schedule (more planned in the very near future)
- Garden Party blog, which includes tea tidbits. I am a tea drinker to my core - iced and hot. There will be tea recipes for cakes, cookies, etc. made from tea and how to's on making tea to drink. Author interviews, conferences information, industry changes, etc. will attend the party.
- Editing information on the services I offer to help you when seeking an editor.
- Book Nook includes reviews and discussions on general commercial and literary fiction - books that don't always fit into genres found on Amazon and other book sale sites. We will discuss books that focus on family dynamics, interpersonal relationships, characters, and life in it’s broadest and best scope in my opinion.
- Newsletter sign-up area. Tea & Empathy is a monthly newsletter with loads of information on and for writers where we will dissect a book using the elements of fiction. And you can bet, tea is featured every month.
- Registration sign-up to automatically receive the weekly blog posts is available on every page.
Winner of New Name Contest
Wins A Free Class
I'm not totally crazy about "Book Nook" as the title for the book review section and will give you a free class - you choose one over the next six months - if you have the winning submission for a new name. I'll post the top three names - that means the ones I like - for readers of this site and the edit write teach - to vote on.
Write like you mean it! Mahala